This weekend, I read Regan's blog posts on Dr. Bird's advice for Sad Poets by Evan Roskos and I thought they were great. The first blog post on this book was descriptive of how the main character felt and his problems. Regan's second blog post on Dr. Bird's advice for Sad Poets talked about the main character's primary relationship. This book is about a young adult named James Whitman who currently is in high school and is coping with depression. His sister Jorie got evicted from their home by their parents and is now living in a nasty apartment by herself with no cash.
I found it most fascinating when Regan described James's problems. When James asks his father if his sister Jorie could return home, the writing draws you into the story. Regan uses very clever vocabulary and the way her sentences flow is just incredible. Then she talks on about, how after James's father answers his question, it creates a bigger issue, which leads into him figuring out how he has to resolve it. I agree with Regan, that James’s problems only increased when he asked his father if Jorie could return to their home.
I also enjoyed how Regan described James’s relationship with his parents. His parents are negligent to James’s issues. James’s parents hardly accept his existence, they are unconcerned about him. Regan states “I don't think his parents really realize how hard they are making it for James and for themselves.” I believe Regan is right because the parents don’t seem to be aware of how badly they are treating their only child in their home at the time. James’s relationship with his parents is precarious.
Overall, I think Regan did a fantastic job on her two blog posts, they were well-detailed, and had a nice structure to them. I like how her second blog post only talked about the most meaningful relationship that James has. I would like to try this method next time I do a blog post.
This is a link to Regan's Blog:http://reganhockenberry.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment